Donate to our stores
We accept intact, clean and reusable items, as well as all electricals in any condition, during opening hours on Mon–Fri 9–20, Sat 10–18, Sun 12–17.
You are welcome to bring:
- Household furniture and storage units (please note Kontula store can't accept any furniture)
- Clean carpets and mattresses
- Small household items like books and dishes
- Clothes, shoes and accessories
- Hobby and sports gear
- CDs and LPs
- Electrical and electronic appliances, in all conditions (due to limited storage facilities, large electricals can only be received in Nihtisilta, Kyläsaari and Koivukylä)
- Construction materials and parts, bathtubs, toilet seats and kitchen cupboards (if donating larger quantities please contact the stores in Vantaa or Espoo (Nihtisilta)
- Concerning office furniture please contact: email@example.com
- In case of disassembled furniture: make sure all screws and other small parts are delivered in a small plastic pouch affixed to the furniture. If possible, please include a photo of the assembled furniture or better yet, the assembly instructions.
As a rule the following isn't accepted:
- Worn or broken furniture
- Broken or dirty items
- Chipboard that is chipped, scratched or in pieces
- Windows (but please contact the stores in Vantaa or Espoo (Nihtisilta) just in case)
- Broken fitness equipment
- Skis with outdated bindings
- Bike, motorcycle, alpine skiing and riding helmets
- Other helmets with EPS foam or carbon fibre structures
- Safety seats for cars or bikes
- Climbing safety gear (harnesses or additional equipment)
- Life vests and reflective vests
Please note that our employees are ultimately entitled to decide whether an item is reusable or not.
Items that are in poor condition and cannot be reused should be delivered to HSY’s Sortti station. You can deliver items by car or book their pick-up service for a fee. Read more about Sortti services here.
Kierrätyskeskus picks up intact, clean and reusable furniture as well as flat screen TVs (in any condition) in the Helsinki metropolitan area.
Place your pick-up order either by phone (weekdays between 8–18) or online via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by using the pick-up form. If the phone lines are busy or you call outside service hours, we call you back as soon as we can. You can choose between a free basic pick-up or a faster but still affordable one.
Pick-up service tel: 050 501 4858
We want our pick-up service to be as efficient as possible. You can help us by making sure the item you’re donating is easily accessible. Cellars and attics are often relatively inaccessible and unfortunately our pick-up service does not include collection from aforementioned locations. Please be aware of this when booking the service.
Read more: Transportation services in English (pdf) (88.1 KB)