Donate at our stores!
Donating items is one way of doing your bit for the world. Even small donations make a big difference!
We accept intact, clean and usable items from households during opening hours
on Mon–Fri 9–20, Sat 10–18, Sun 12–17.
You are welcome to bring:
- Household furniture and storage units (please note Kontula store can't accept any furniture)
- Clean carpets and mattresses
- Small household items like books and dishes
- Clothes, shoes and accessories
- Hobby and sports gear
- CDs and LPs
- Construction materials and parts, bathtubs, toilet seats and kitchen cupboards (if donating larger quantities please contact the stores in Vantaa or Espoo (Nihtisilta)
- Concerning office furniture please contact: email@example.com
- In case of disassembled furniture: make sure all screws and other small parts are delivered in a small plastic pouch affixed to the furniture. If possible, please include a photo of the assembled furniture or better yet, the assembly instructions.
As a rule the following isn't accepted:
- Worn or broken furniture
- Broken or dirty items
- Chipboard that is chipped, scratched or in pieces
- Windows (but please contact the stores in Vantaa or Espoo (Nihtisilta) just in case)
- Broken fitness equipment
- Skis with outdated bindings
- Bike, motorcycle, alpine skiing and riding helmets
- Other helmets with EPS foam or carbon fibre structures
- Safety seats for cars or bikes
- Climbing safety gear (harnesses or additional equipment)
- Life vests and reflective vests
Please note that our employees are ultimately entitled to decide whether an item is reusable or not.
Items that are in poor condition and cannot be reused should be delivered to HSY’s Sortti station. You can deliver items by car or book their pick-up service for a fee. Read more about Sortti services here.